For the past three years, the JEC Forum DACH has been dedicated to showcasing the composites ecosystem in the DACH region. It accomplishes this by organizing a comprehensive program that encompasses customized business meetings, conferences, a startup competition, and awards. Following two successful editions in Germany, this year’s event will take place in Austria, in Salzburg. The local composites community will convene on October 24th and 25th in Salzburg to participate in this gathering.
Salzburg and its surrounding region boast a dynamic composite industry that is continuously innovating and pushing boundaries. The region is home to numerous companies specializing in composites manufacturing, research, and development.
Networking: Meet with the people that matter most
Collectively, JEC Forum DACH 2023 anticipates the participation of 300 attendees and will totalize more than 600 pre-arranged business meetings, including suppliers and buyers from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
Prior to the event, all participants have access to a digital platform that facilitates scheduling one-on-one business meetings between buyers and suppliers spanning the entire composites value chain. Additionally, informal networking opportunities will be available during breaks, lunches, and an evening networking event.
A diverse range of suppliers from sectors such as automotive, aerospace, construction, sports, and leisure have confirmed their attendance. Some notable participants include: KATCON POLAND, MAGNUS AIRCRAFT, PERPEDES, PROFOL, RASSINI EUROPE (…)
The event will be held in the heart of the beautiful city of Salzburg, at the esteemed Imlauer Pitter Hotel. This sets apart this edition from the previous ones, which took place in exhibition halls, to omptimize networking moments throughout the two days of the event.
Check the updated suppliers list here.
Conferences: Get updates from the latest market trends
True expert of the trends that move the composites industry nowadays in the DACH region, the AVK will once again be responsible for the conferences program of the Forum and will gather experts to discuss 4 main subjects: market developments, sustainability, digitalization and innovation.
Moderator: Dr. Michael Effing, Chairman, Composites Germany
- Developments and trends in the European composites market
Dr Elmar Witten, Managing Director,AVK
- Flexible High-rate Production for Urban Air Mobility / Electric Vertical Take-off and Landing Using Automated Ply Placement Technology
Dr. Jamie Snudden, Technology Programme Manager, Airborne
- Accelerating Sustainability management through procurement innovation
Moderator: Raphaël Pleynet, Managing Director, EuCIA
- Closing the Loop on Composite Materials
Guillaume Perben, CEO and Co-Founder, Composite Recycling
- How to Achieve Wind Turbine Blade Circularity in Europe
Alexander Vandenberghe, Sustainability Manager, WindEurope
- Cement Co-processing is a Sustainable Solution for Recycling End-of-life Composite Materials
Christian Lampl, Manager LHCE, Geocycle/Holcim
- Panel discussion with the speakers: how to organize an efficient recycling supply chain? mixed with attendees Q & A
Moderator: Dr. David May, Research Director Digitalization & Manager, Leibniz Institut für Verbundwerkstoffe IVW
- Opportunities and Challenges of Composites Molding Simulation for Digital Product Development
Dr. Dominik Dörr, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Simutence
- Eco-efficient and Process-safe Offline Program Creation through Integration of Digital Twins in the CAM Planning Environment
Marc Loegel, Teamleader Composites, SWMS
- Digitization as an Opportunity for Organic Sheet in Large-scale Production
Dr. Stefan Seidel, Head of R&D, Bond Laminates
Moderator: Yannick Willemin, Head of Marketing & Business Development, 9tlabs
- Presentation on “Focus on the motivation behind the technological innovation and what is the added-valud of it”
Matteo Di Fulvio, CTO, Addyx
Dr Christoph Scheenberger, Executive Lead and Co-Founder, Antefil Composites Tech
Marc Crescenti, CTO, Reinforce 3D
- Panel discussion with the speakers mixed with attendees’ Q&A
Innovation: Celebrate innovative products and ground-breaking projects
The AVK Innovation Awards
Recognizing outstanding achievements in the composites industry, this event honors the visionaries, pioneers, and game-changers who have made remarkable contributions to the field. In all the categories, sustainability will be the focus.
Another goal of the AVK Innovation Awards is to give prominence to the innovations and the companies/institutions behind them, thus publicizing their performance throughout the industry.
AVK awards celebrate innovations in fiber-reinforced plastics (FRP) / composites in the following categories:
- Innovative products/components or applications
- Innovative procedures/processes
- Research and science
Startup Booster competition
Since 2017, Startup Booster has positioned itself as the leading startup competition in the world of Composite & Advanced Materials. It aims to identify, support, and accelerate groundbreaking innovations that will shape the future of the industry.
Startup Booster brings together inspiring entrepreneurs, startups and academic spinoffs building innovative composite and advanced materials projects from all around the World and more specifically on this occasion: from the DACH region.
Five finalists will be selected before the Forum and will join pitch on day one. A jury of experts of the industry will designate one of them as winner during a dediacteed ceremony on October 24th :
• René ADAM, Director Research and Technology
• Peter MARTIN, CEO, KTM Technologies
• Dr. Birgit Hofreiter, Director Innovation Incubation, Center TU Wien (i²c)
• Pelin YILMAZ, Investment Director, International Chemical Investors Group
The awardee will automatically be invited to join the competition at JEC World in March 2024.
Applications are open until September 17th > https://www.f6s.com/jec-forum-dach-2023-startup-booster/apply
JEC Forum DACH
IMLAUER HOTEL PITTER, Salzburg
October 24 – 25, 2023